Major Viral infections like SARS, Ebola, Dengue have been occurring regularly has been bane on the mankind. Since professional work mandates people to travel or go out for work, confronting it with a plan becomes essential.
It is better to be prepared to handle such situations. In particular considering the family members at home include children and elders.
In order to cut down the risks, preparatory action should done in advance. It is better to plan with a long term perspective like maintaining immune system in a condition good enough to combat viruses. Key points in this regard include:-
- Diet, sleep & regular exercise enable to keep immune system in good health.
- Herbal ingredients & phytonutrients that have immune-modulatory and anti-viral action to combat pathogens.
- respiratory viral infections may need relief from cold and other related symptoms.
Following are some of the phyto ingredients for respiratory viral infections:-
- Andrographis Paniculata-has immune modulatory action that enable to fight the pathogens apart from stimulating and regulating the immune system when necessary. Thus fortifies the fight against viral infections.
- Adhatoda vasica – has expectorant action.for cough and has strong anti-virus activity enabling to fight the viral infection.
- Licorice/Glycyrrhiza Gabra – has antiviral action and loosens the dry cough providing respiratory relief.
- Withania Somnifera - is an immune amphoteric so both stimulating immune response in low immune states and exerting an immunosuppressive action. Thus keeping immune system in desired state.
- Boswellia serrata.-has anti inflammatory action to help reduce inflammation
- Green tea (Camellia sinensis): exerts anti-inflammatory activity & immunomodulatory
Eating whole Fruits like orange,Pomegranate, apple & vegetables help to improve immune health and acts as immune=modulators.
However it is important to note that some of the phyto-herbal ingredients are to be used for limited term basis, as it could cause other effects.
So, choice of products that consider these aspects and help you plan for long term protection and call upon required herbs when necessary in the short term - is the way to go forward.